Saturday 10 January 2015

ON BOARD THE MAPPIN & WEBB EXPRESS

 Before Christmas, I had the great treat of being invited aboard the Orient Express by Mappin & Webb, the Queen's silversmith, to celebrate the beautiful new jewellery collection by Creative Director Elizabeth Galton. As I took my seat, I realised a marvellous extra bonus treat was in store because there, opposite me, was my great friend Sasha Wilkins, AKA Liberty London Girl. Here is the post that she wrote about the day (with much better pictures - she's infinitely better with her camera than I am with my iphone)
The Orient Express was pulled by a proper steam engine - very Ivor the Engine: I half expected Idris the red dragon to appear from the firebox
One half expect to find oneself in an episode of an Agatha Christie crime drama, or in a remake of The Lady Vanishes

The delightful Liberty London Girl 
Francois Le Troquer (left), Executive Director of Mappin & Webb - I'm just visible chatting to Sasha in the far carriage through the window on the right

Elegant, subtle branding turned the Orient Express into the Mappin & Webb Express

I didn't miss the opportunity to try on some of the beautiful new pieces in the Mappin & Webb collection

Hard not to covet this beautiful Floresco diamond and white gold ring - it has a very pretty design and the exquisite craftsmanship one might expect from a jeweller with the heritage of Mappin & Webb 

No comments: